TODAY’S SPECIAL: Romans 8:5-11
TO CHEW ON: The mind of sinful man is death, but the mind controlled by the Spirit is life and peace. Romans 8:6
Most vehicles, machines and toys have controls. Can you match the object with its controls?
1. Car ____ 4. Bike ____ 2. Computer ____ 5. Video Game ____ 3. Canoe ___
The controls on most things are small. But the results of how those things are controlled are big. It’s the same way with our lives.
We determine who and what controls our lives in small ways. It's in the choices we make every day. We can make selfish choices and try to control our own lives. Or we can choose to let God the Holy Spirit control our lives. The consequences of both are huge.
If we choose to live by our “sinful minds” - our own ideas, plans and desires - the result is ________________. If we let the Holy Spirit control our minds and our lives, the result is _________________ and _______________. (Romans 8:6)
PRAYER: Dear Holy Spirit, help me to live my life under Your control. Please show me how You want me to live today. Amen.
MORE: What’s Your Choice:
God never forces us to live for Him. He lets us choose.
Which of the activities below would help you live a Holy Spirit-controlled life. Can you add one more to the list?
1. Watch popular music videos on TV.
2. Read story books written by Christian authors.
3. Buy and read secular magazines about teen movie stars, fashions and dating.
4. Watch any videos that sound interesting, in spite of ratings and language warnings.
5. Collect and listen to Christian music CDs.
6. Read the Bible and memorize parts of it.