TODAY’S SPECIAL: Acts 23:12-22
TO CHEW ON: “Then Paul called one of the centurions and said, ‘Take this young man to the commander; he has something to tell him.’” Acts 23:17
Have you ever thought you have to be grown up to be used by God? Perhaps Paul’s nephew felt that way. Then came the day he overheard a secret plan.
He heard forty Jewish men promising each other they wouldn’t eat or drink until they’d killed Paul. They would ask the Roman commander to bring Paul to a special place. They would hide along the road Paul would take. When Paul and the soldiers came by, they would pounce on Paul and kill him.
The boy went straight to Paul with news of this plot.
Paul sent the boy to the commander, to tell him what he’d heard. As a result Paul was never sent to the meeting that day. Because his nephew did what he could, Paul’s life was saved.
Have you ever thought you were too young for God to use? You aren’t you know. God uses people of all ages. The main thing is be obedient and do the things He tells you.
PRAYER: Dear Jesus, thank You that You can use people of any age. Please use me today. Amen.
MORE: Bible Kids "Who Am I?"
1. I talked to an Egyptian princess, offering to get a nurse for her baby brother.
2. I gave Jesus my lunch of loaves and fishes.
3. I killed a giant with a sling and stones.
4. I heard God speak and later told God’s message to Eli, the priest.
5. I told my mistress God’s prophet could heal her master Naaman of leprosy.