TODAY’S SPECIAL:I Corinthians 15:12 -22
TO CHEW ON: "For as in Adam all die, so in Christ all will be made alive." I Corinthians 12:22
Has death touched you? Perhaps you’ve had a pet that died. Maybe someone close to you has died. It could be you yourself have been near death.
Death was never God’s idea. His interest is in life. That’s why God sent Jesus. Though the penalty for our sin is death, Jesus paid that penalty.
When Jesus came back to life (we celebrate His resurrection at Easter), it proved God accepted this payment. Once Jesus paid the fine for sin, its penalty is canceled out.
When Jesus rose, He won the victory over death for everyone. Though those we love will someday die physically, death is not the end!
PRAYER: Dear Jesus, thank You for winning over death. Help me to make choices that lead to life with You which lasts forever. Amen.
MORE: Death - A Sad Time
Even though we know death is not final, it is a sad part of life on earth. It’s a good thing to admit and express our sadness when someone we love dies.
What do you know about death? Fill in the missing words. (Use your own ideas, or use the suggested answers in the Word Bank, below.)
1. What do we call a service for someone who has died?
___________________________ or __________ ___________.
2. What do we call the box or case in which a person’s body is placed? ____________________
3. What do we call the process of burning the dead person’s physical remains? ______________
4. What do we call a speech or reading that tells about the person who has died? _____________
5. What do we call the notice in the paper that announces the person’s death and tells about their life and the loved people they’ve left behind? _______________
Word bank: ************** Cremation Memorial service Casket Eulogy Funeral Obituary **************