TODAY’S SPECIAL: Exodus 16:1-12
TO CHEW ON: "The Lord said to Moses, 'I have heard the grumbling of the Israelites. Tell them, ‘At twilight you will eat meat, and in the morning you will be filled with bread. Then you will know that I am the Lord your God.’ ” - Exodus 16:11-12
Yesterday the Israelites grumbled about no water. Today they are grumbling about not enough food. In fact, they are in such a bad mood, they’re ready to go back to Egypt for just one of those great Egyptian meals!
1. In the evening God would send (tmea) __________.
2. In the morning He would rain down (debar) __________.
Think about it:
3. What does it mean to grumble?
4. What do you think - did the Israelites grumble too much?
In what other ways could they have told Moses and God what they needed and wanted?
5. How do you get your food?
Is God involved in any way?
Of course you would never grumble about food, would you?
PRAYER: Dear God, thank You for supplying my food. Amen.
MORE: A Food Prayer
A prayer of blessing and thanks for the food before or after we eat reminds us that it’s really God whom we should thank for our food.
1. A before- or after-meal prayer for food is called: __________ a] repentance; b] confession; c] grace; d] whining.
2. Write out your favorite food prayer – or make up a new one.