TODAY’S SPECIAL: 1 John 1:5-10
TO CHEW ON: "But if we walk in the light, as he (God) is in the light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus, his Son, purifies us from all sin." 1 John 1:7
Your living room is a dim comfortable place where you spend a lot of time. Then one day someone pulls open the curtains and light shines in.
Suddenly you see the dust balls in the corners and the smudges all over the TV screen. Piles of books, CDs, and DVDs litter the floor. The coffee table is cluttered with dirty dishes and half-full glasses of pop. What looked like a comfy room in the darkness is quite a mess in the light!
God is the one who lights up the room of our lives. As we get to know Him, talk to Him in prayer and spend time reading the Bible, His light floods in. When that happens we see things that never bothered us before. What are some things God’s light might show us?
When God’s light uncovers bad things (sins) we’ve done in the dark, what can we do about it?
5. 1 John 1:9 ____________________
PRAYER: Dear God, I have done some things in the dark. They are __________ From now on please help me to live in Your light. Amen.
MORE: Living in light
Below are some things you could do. Which things would you do in front of God? Which things you would be ashamed to do in front of God?
1. Pay a friend to do your homework for you.
2. Make jokes about the kid everybody in your class picks on.
3. Spend time playing with your little brother.
4. Watch movies or TV shows with your friends that your parents wouldn't allow you to watch.
5. Ask permission before getting spare change from Mom’s drawer.
6. Walk to school with the kid nobody likes.